Strategic Planning Process
Our strategic planning process will gather information from our many constituents, through a range of methods, to create a five-year strategic plan for the Faculty of Arts (2023-2028).
UCalgary Arts is a complex and rich milieu:
- a diverse community of scholars and creators
- a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs
- dedicated staff and engaged students
What are we doing?
Our consultations will focus on individuals, the units within our faculty, and internal and external communities.
We will draw upon existing data to consider trends, and to identify strengths and weaknesses.
Why are we undertaking this planning process?
- To foster a distinct Arts identity and build cohesion
- To establish a clear Arts vision and direction
- To align all aspects of the Faculty to work effectively together
- To establish systematic and coherent resource allocation decisions
- To build relationships with, between and among our internal and external communities
- To cultivate a workplace committed to collegiality and well-being
What will we do with the information we gather?
The information we gather will inform the creation of a strategic plan to better navigate the opportunities and challenges faced by our students, staff, faculty and communities
- We will identify desired outcomes that support the work of the Faculty of Arts and the communities we impact
- We will establish means or methods of achieving the desired outcomes identified through the information we gather
Have your say
We'll be gathering feedback on the following four areas
Comments or questions about this process?
- What areas of research should the Faculty of Arts build and support?
- What would help us build research capacity?
Teaching and Learning
- How, and through what means, can we best equip our students for their future?
- How can the Faculty of arts best support learning (students) and teaching (instructors)?
- Who are the Faculty of Arts' internal and external communities?
- With which communities does Arts need to create, build and/or maintain relationships?
- What would most improve the Faculty of Arts' operational environment (defined as structures, policies and procedures) to support our work and each other?
Where have we come from?
The 2017-2022 Faculty of Arts Strategic Plan was built upon three priorities:
- Critical and Creative Research, Teaching and Learning
- Engaging Communities
- Citizenship, Diversity and Inclusion
University of Calgary Strategic Planning
Learn about the wider university strategies that will inform the work we will do.
Watch this space
Look to this page for more information about the plan as we continue to gather information, learn, create and launch our plan.