Sept. 13, 2022
These are short scenes (15 minute two handers) with our senior undergrad and graduate directing students as part of their 511 and 611 directing class taught by Christine Brubaker. As part of this class, students practice directing through exercises such as the one you will be taking part in. Your directors will be students like yourself, and you will be assisting one another in your learning.
Undergrad Directors - Gracie Ekstrand, Kevin Sandal and Sebastian Rueda Montes
MFA Directors - Steven Conde, Saeid Asgarian and Deedra Ladouceur
MFA Director Auditions - Saturday September 17th, 9:00am-1:00pm in the Matthews Theater
Sign up here for your audition time Please prepare a 1-2 minutes contemporary monologue and share a special skill (song, juggling, movement piece).
Undergraduate Director Auditions - Saturday September 17th from 10:00am-1:00pm in CHE 107
Sign up here for your audition time Please prepare a 1-2 minute contemporary monologue.
There is an audition form attached to the signup that you must complete before the audition.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- You will be required to be at these presentation dates September 23, 6:30-8:30pm (no invited audience), and October 7, 4:00-6:00pm (invited audience)
- Rehearsal schedule will be created collaboratively with your team
- Rehearsals will be between 5-10 hours weekly, for three weeks
- Friends and family can be invited to the scene on October 7th
- Participation in these scenes will not qualify for a practicum credit
- You can participate in both scenes if you can make the schedule work and it doesn't impact your other course work