Co-Op program for Employers
Centre for Military, Security and Strategic Studies
What is the CMSS Co-Op Program?
This Master’s level Co-Op Program combines academic studies with real-world work experience. Students take nine, graduate level half credit courses (HCEs) over 18 months within the course-based program, and then work in a co-op position for eight months from January to the end of August of their second year.
Why CMSS Co-Op?
CMSS’s unique Co-Op program provides graduate level students eager to apply their current knowledge to practical, real-world experience. Our students are ready to provide support to a burgeoning niche market in both public and private industry.
Consider a Co-Op placement as:
- Cost effective support for special projects
- Opportunity to preview potential full-time recruits
- Eight-month work term allows employers to gain a higher level of productivity from their co-op student
- CMSS is committed to listening to the views of industry in order to provide skilled adaptable students who fit their needs
If your organization is looking for a dynamic addition to your team, our students have the following skills you are looking for:
- Critical thinking
- Written communication
- Verbal communication/presentation
- Knowledge of security issues
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Strategic analysis
- Problem solving