What are CMSS Co-op opportunities?
During your CMSS Master's degree, combine academic studies with real-world work experience by securing a co-op placement. Students may work in a co-op position for eight months from January to the end of August of their second year. Placements are not guaranteed.
- Develop professional skills
- Create networking opportunities
- Apply knowledge and skills to practical applications
- Earn an income
- Possibility of full time employment with your Co-op company upon completion of work term
What does CMSS do during a Co-op placement?
- Monitor student progress through the work experience and coordinate a half-time review with both student and employer
- Provides career guidance
- Searches for relevant, high quality employers
- Helps students navigate the path to co-op work
- Works with employers and students to find the best fit
How to secure a placement
To secure a co-op placement, CMSS students must first meet with the Graduate Program Director within the first term of their degree. With GPD support, the student with identify and approach their preferred organization(s) for a potential internship. CMSS facilitates co-op opportunities by advertising postings as they become available, but it is up to the student to approach and secure their placement.