Meet with the Canadian Writer-in-Residence to improve your writing
Booking a consultation
Please fill out the form below to book a one-hour consultation with 2020-21 Writer-in-Residence Meg Braem, who specializes in prose and playwriting.
- Prose: excerpts may be no more than 15 double-spaced pages in 12-point font with standard margins.
- Plays: excerpts may be no more than 30 double-spaced pages in 12-point font with standard margins.
Please note that your manuscript excerpt must be submitted in .doc or .docx format a minimum of one week before your appointment. Consultation requests that do not meet these specifications will be asked to resubmit.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Consultations must be booked in advance. If you need to book outside of these hours, we will do our best to accommodate alternate schedules, but cannot guarantee availability.
This year, consultations will be conducted remotely by phone or Zoom Meetings either one-on-one with Meg Braem or as part of a small group of writers.
- Individual: standard one-hour consultation available to writers who are seeking direct feedback from the Writer-in-Residence regarding their work.
- Group: option available to writers who are interested in hearing their work read aloud and having it discussed with the Writer-in-Residence and others, with an emphasis on community and peer support.
Please note that due to high demand for consultations with our writers-in-residence, you are entitled to one individual consultation per academic year.
The Calgary Distinguished Writers Program retains the right to decline a consultation request at its discretion.
Collection of personal information
Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact the Office of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org