English Graduate Students' Association
Who We Are
The current Executive Committee is excited to be working with and representing you this year! We welcome all inquiries about graduate student life at the University of Calgary:
Our MA Representatives are James Robertson and Laura Brooks
Our Treasurer is Shuyin Yu
If you are a current graduate student in the department, inquiries can be sent to email@example.com (general program inquiries), the President (EDGA inquiries), or the Director (program and peer support inquiries).
What we do
Our Association holds elections every September, for students to serve a one or two-year term. These positions include:
- Executive Committee: Board members who run the daily workings of EDGA, including representing graduate students at departmental and university meetings, finance, overseeing committees, and peer support. These positions include President, Vice-President, Director, Two MA Representatives, and Treasurer
- Free-Exchange Conference co-chairs: Responsible for leading our annual student-led graduate conference
- Social Committee: Responsible for graduate student social and research events
- Free-Exchange Committee: Support committee for the running of Free-Exchange, under the direction of the conference co-chairs
- Calgary Distinguished Writers Program support
- Representatives who attend meetings by the Graduate Students' Association (GSA), our student-led, university-wide support organization
- And more!
Free Exchange Conference
Free Exchange is an annual interdisciplinary conference organized and run by graduate students from the Department of English at the University of Calgary. Founded over twenty years ago, the Free Exchange Conference has grown in size and scope and has attracted participants from across Canada, the United States, and beyond.