Start your undergrad journey
in our Drama program
Why study Drama?
Drama is one of the oldest yet most immediate and rewarding ways of engaging with the world. Our graduates enter a wide range of professional and vocational careers and make vital contributions to society as artists and scholars in Canada and around the world.
A unique place to study
- We provide you with a solid foundation coupled with individually designed opportunities to specialize
- We focus on graduating confident and rigorously trained creative artists and scholars
- Drama combines advanced training in theatre practice and study across other disciplines
- Integration into the local and national performance industry leads to many opportunities after graduation
Enhance your degree
As a drama student, you can:
- create your own work
- enjoy study abroad opportunities
- work with visiting artists and scholars
- choose from multiple specializations
- combine degrees, and earn minors in other disciplines
- enjoy multiple dedicated performance spaces
- qualify for multiple scholarships and awards
Wagonstage Children's Theatre
Wagonstage Children's Theatre produces entertaining, interactive and educational plays for families. The program started in 1971 as a collaboration with the City of Calgary Recreation. Since 2015, the program is presented in partnership with the Calgary Zoo.
Every summer, Wagonstage is making theatre for young audiences with the goal to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community for all Calgarians. The plays are written and directed by theatre professionals, and designed and performed by graduate and undergraduate drama students.
UCalgary students can be eligible for up to four full credit courses for participation in Drama Mainstage performances as actors, stage managers, running crew, wardrobe, props, scenic painting, assistant directors, camera crew, assistant designers and production management. Applications for practicums are due at the beginning of each term.