How to book and FAQ
Find everything you need to book a venue through University Theatre Services
Ready to book?
Review our facilities
Browse our facilities page and choose the space best-suited to your event's needs.
Make sure you've reviewed our rates and read over the FAQs in the section below.
Contact us by email, phone, or online request. We will confirm your request within one business day. Need a site visit? Call us at 403.220.4901.
Lease and deposit
A lease will be sent to you within six months of your booking. Please read the lease thoroughly and send back a signed copy along with your deposit, made payable to the University of Calgary, to:
University of Calgary
School of Creative and Performing Arts - UTS
Craigie Hall G
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
Info booklet and forms
Download our booking information booklet. Complete and send your ticket request, technical and front of house forms back to us eight weeks before your event, or sooner.
Technical and front of house
Contact our Stage Manager to arrange your technical needs, and our Front of House Manager to arrange your front of house needs, no later than four weeks before your event. Please be sure to have your MEMO code ready.
No, unfortunately discounted prices are not available.
The Eckhardt-Gramatté Hall and Boris Roubakine Recital Hall are reserved for student use during the academic year. From September to mid-April (depending on the academic calendar), these facilities can be booked by community groups only on weekends and after 6 p.m. on weeknights.
Our other venues do not have timing restrictions.
- We recommend that you confirm your performance booking at least six months in advance.
- Depending on the time of year, venues may be booked up to a year in advance.
- Because performance venues are subject to priority bookings for academic use, calendars for the Eckhardt-Gramatté Hall, University Theatre and Boris Roubakine Recital Hall open for community bookings in late October to mid-November.
- Event requests with less than three months’ notice are considered short notice, and you should be prepared to sign a lease and pay a deposit immediately.
- Event requests with less than 4 weeks’ notice are considered extremely short notice, and generally unavailable.
- Please note that during the concert seasons of October-December and April-June, availability is extremely limited.
- Please submit your request as soon as possible; however, we cannot guarantee that you will get your requested date, even if you are a returning client.
Conference and meeting bookings
- Conference and meeting bookings should be confirmed three to six months in advance, although you may book them up to a year in advance.
Yes. Please call our office at 403-220-4901 during business hours to schedule a viewing. Please note that during busy seasons, available viewing times may be limited.
- We can offer you guidance on pricing, but the actual costs of your event will vary depending on your needs during occupancy, so we cannot offer guaranteed estimates.
- For meetings and conferences, you may need to budget for AV equipment. If your booking occurs outside business hours, it will also require a conference attendant.
- Performance events require technicians and front of house staff; labour costs depend on the nature of your booking and how long they are required to be onsite.
- For performance, please contact our Stage Manager who can provide an estimate on technical labour and materials and our Front of House Manager for an estimate for front of house labour, ticket printing and sales commissions.
- Please refer to our rates for pricing information
- Please note that in the absence of a booking or a hold, availability is subject to change without notice.
We can place a 14-day hold on a date for you at no cost, depending on the amount of notice given. If another client requests the same date during the hold and you are unable to commit to signing a lease and remitting a deposit, the date will be released to the other client. You will be notified if the status of your hold changes. Holds may be extended if no other requests for the date are received. Please note that if you are notified of pending expiry of your hold and we do not hear back from you within a reasonable time frame, your hold will be cancelled.
- Leases are generally sent out to clients six months in advance of each event.
- If you book your event with less than six months’ notice, the lease will be sent to you immediately after your details are confirmed.
- The signed lease and deposit must be returned to our office no later than three weeks after the lease is sent to you.
- We require all clients to complete the lease and deposit process within this timeline. Failure to do so may result in the loss of future bookings.
You may cancel your event up to three months in advance with no penalty. Should you cancel within three months of the date of occupancy or fail to appear, any deposit paid will not be refunded.
No. All tickets must be printed by University Theatre Services. Front of House staff at University Theatre Services venues will not accept homemade tickets or tickets printed by any other agency. Please note that we can sell your tickets online, and offer opportunities for online promotion. If your tickets are part of a subscription series, or you have special field requirements, please contact us for options. Please review our booking information booklet for more information on ticketing.
Four weeks before start of event, or earlier
- Fill out the technical, ticket and front of house forms and submit them to us by email or fax.
- You should have received our info booklet containing these forms along with your lease.
Meeting and conference events
- Contact the Rozsa Centre Coordinator to ensure that your setup and technical requirements are met.
* We require all clients to complete and submit their forms, or otherwise follow up on event requirements, within the stated timelines. Failure to do so may result in the loss of future bookings.
Yes. The exclusive vendor for the Rosza Centre is Aramark.
For all other venues, catering can be provided by multiple caterers. Please contact us for additional information.
After we have totalled your expenses, we will send you a running charges sheet along with an invoice. Any surplus funds collected on your behalf by Theatre Services will be issued back to you within five weeks.