University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

Music: Current Students

Submitted by amaerten on Fri, 02/16/2018 - 12:57pm

Room bookings

Submitted by amaerten on Thu, 02/22/2018 - 12:48pm

Book rooms using the Astra booking system.

If you can't book online, you can book rooms at the front desk of the School of Creative and Performing Arts in CHD 100, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1-4:30 p.m.

Bookable rooms

  • CHF 001 - capacity 20 (grand piano)
  • CHF 007 (Band Room: Ensembles/Orchestra practice) - capacity 75 (grand piano)
  • CHF 202 (Choral Room) - capacity 75 (grand piano and multimedia)
  • CHF 210 - capacity 20 (2 grand pianos and multimedia)
  • CHE 215 - capacity 20 (practice organ, grand piano)

Booking priority

  1. Academic Schedule
  2. Instructors
  3. Music Majors
  4. Music Minors

Booking policies

  • Only faculty can block book rooms.
  • Students can book up to two hours per day, with a maximum of six hours per week.


Submitted by amaerten on Fri, 02/16/2018 - 4:09pm


Undergraduate Student Handbook (PDF)

Undergraduate Recital Package (PDF)

Undergraduate Recital Program Template (PDF)

SCPA Forms

  • Independent Study Proposal (MUSI 561/MUSI 661): To gain credit for a special project that does not fall under an assigned course name. You must have a faculty member who will supervise you. Completed forms must be submitted to CHD 100. 

University Student Forms, such as Permission to Audit Forms, Deferral Requests, and more.

Music Undergraduate Society (MUS)
MUS connects students with performing and teaching opportunities and informs discussions about the program and curriculum. You can find MUS in Craigie Hall F 129. Contact: 403-220-6631 or

Music librarian and archives
Contact Marc Stoeckle for more information about music library resources.

Using Academic Requirements
As a student in the Faculty of Arts, you have access to Academic Requirements, a university-wide web-based program that allows you to chart your progress through the requirements necessary to complete your degree programs.


Graduate Student Handbook (PDF)

Music PhD Candidacy Policy (PDF)

Graduate Recital Package (PDF)

Graduate Recital Program Template (PDF)

SCPA Forms

University Student Forms, such as Time Conflict Forms, Permission to Audit Forms, Deferral Requests, and more.

Telemedia Arts Lab
Contact David Eagle for more information about the lab and how to access it

Sonic Arts Lab
Contact David Eagle for more information about the lab and how to access it

Faculty of Graduate Studies

Graduate Calendar

Canadian Music Centre

Music librarian and archives
Contact Marc Stoeckle for more information about music library resources.

Masterclass Schedule

Masterclasses are free and open to the public. The schedule is subject to change so make sure to check here often.

2018-19 schedule 


Submitted by darmstro on Mon, 01/01/2018 - 11:48am

How do I get permission for a course that requires consent of the division? 

Email with your name, ID# and reason for wanting to take the course. The Undergraduate Program Administrator will work with the Division Chair to approve and enter permission.

Can I add a music minor? How do I do it?

Yes, you can add a minor at any time in your program. You can add a minor in your student centre as a “Change of Program” between October and February. Applicable courses that you take before declaring a minor can be applied after the fact.

Where can I find out more information about ensembles?

We have callboards in the hallways outside of CHD 100; all opportunities are posted there.

Can I overload into the class I want?

Overloads are possible, but the instructor and Division Chair must approve. Overloads cannot be processed if the enrollment capacity is the same as the physical room capacity. This is a central university policy due to fire code regulations.  Please see the Undergraduate Program Administrator for more information.

If a course is full, can I still attend it?

No, if a course is full and at capacity, you cannot attend. This is a safety precaution and also there is no guarantee you will get credit for the work you have completed unless you are registered.

What if a course I need for graduation is not offered?

You should check in regularly with the Undergraduate Program Administrator or the Arts Student Centre to ensure that your degree is on track.  Often courses are not offered in an academic year due to instructor availability or budget considerations. If the course is not available during the completion of your degree, the Undergraduate Program Administrator can work with you to find a replacement credit.


Email or call our Undergraduate Program Administrator at 403-220-3970, or contact the Arts Students’ Centre.