Here to help
Want to submit a story idea or get your research in the media? Need help with websites, social media, or advertising? Faculty of Arts Communications and Marketing is here to assist!
Please direct all media inquiries to: Heath McCoy, Senior Communications Specialist.
Looking for a document?
Do you need to download the photo consent form, explore the events toolkit, check the mailman list policy, or see who manages the website for your department?
How can we help you?
Contact our media expert Heath McCoy. He can:
- Assess the potential your story has for local or national media coverage
- Make suggestions for getting your story onto the Faculty of Arts website and into Arts Engage (weekly Faculty of Arts e-newsletter), UToday (daily University of Calgary e-newsletter) and UCalgary Alumni Magazine (bi-annual Alumni magazine).
The Faculty of Arts Communications and Marketing team is able to provide tools and guidance for marketing events that have a focus on broad participation by audiences across the faculty, university and external to the university. The team does not manage event coordination for the faculty.
Want your event on your department's event listings, Faculty listings, Arts Engage or UToday?
- Contact your unit’s website administrator and ask them to post the event on your department, school or centre homepage.
- This will allow your event listing to feed onto the Faculty of Arts events listing page, and will be included in our weekly Arts Engage newsletter and the UToday event listings
Want to promote your event on social media?
Our social media form helps you give us all the pertinent information we need to promote your event.
When should I use an event intake form?
Submit an event intake form to the Arts Communications and Marketing team when your event includes/requires:
- Help with social media planning
- Media relations (pitching a news release to external news media)
- A story in internal communications channels such as Arts Engage or UToday
- Government stakeholders or other VIPs
- Marketing collateral over and above Marketo invitations (ie: print or digital marketing collateral)
Need to plan, market, coordinate or communicate an event?
Our Event Toolkit has all the information you need.
Aurélie Maerten, SCPA Communications and Marketing Advisor, can assist with any of the following:
- I want something included in a department newsletter
- I want something to be considered for social media, or for an internal news story
- I want my research news to be published on SCPA’s Faculty Updates page
- I want a poster made for an upcoming SCPA event/course/talk/conference
- I want access to UCalgary fonts, logos, images or design elements
- I’d like to learn more about the promotional strategy for SCPA events and news
Phone: (403) 220-4999
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org »
The Advancement Marketing team is the central resource on campus for creative solutions, providing an efficient, cost-effective way for faculty and staff to create materials that are compelling, engaging and aligned with the UCalgary brand.
Need a logo for your unit?
Write to email@example.com »
Want to understand how to use University, Faculty or Department logos?
Please review the Identity Basics Document – top link on the Visual Identity Standards page (log-in required)
Are you from the School of Creative and Performing Arts?
Aurélie Maerten, Communications and Marketing Advisor for SCPA, can assist you with image and design elements questions
Are you promoting an event where your unit is one of multiple campus entities?
Use the UCalgary logo, rather than several different department or unit lockups.
Need help developing and designing marketing materials?
Looking for a specific image of campus?
Need to design your own images for promotional purposes?
I want to create a website for myself or my unit
Fill out the Web Services website requests form » (CAS log-in required).
I want to build my own website and have it hosted on UCalgary servers
Please note that except under exceptional circumstances, externally-built websites are not able to be hosted or supported by UCalgary Information Technologies. Please contact Nikki Reimer prior to proceeding with a website build.
I need help updating my website
Submit an IT ticket. This puts your request in the service queue and ensures that it reaches the correct person. Select:
I want to create a website for my student group, club or team
- Undergraduate students groups, clubs or teams who are sanctioned by the Student's Union can create a website on Club Hub.
- We do not provide space for graduate clubs or clubs who are not SU-sanctioned.
I have a website emergency
A website emergency includes:
- My site is down
- The network servers are down
- I can’t log in to my site
- I’m having trouble posting something that needs to be live right now due to a date or time dependency (i.e., deadline change, event cancellation or change).
Website emergency contacts
Go to next on list if you can’t reach the first one:
I don't know who the web person is for my department or school
See our list of website administrators » (CAS log-in required)
Want to start a social media account for your unit?
Please contact Nikki Reimer prior to creating any new accounts. The guiding principle for social media activities at the University of Calgary is to look for an existing channel for your content before attempting to create a new one. We have a number of existing channels within the Faculty of Arts that may be the right place for your message.
Want to grow your social media presence or build a social campaign?
You can also download and review the Social Media Standards document for the University » (CAS login required)
Want to see which units in Arts are active on social?
Take a peek at our social directory »
Want to suggest content for the Faculty's social accounts?
Don't know who runs the social accounts in your area?
See our list of social administrators » (CAS login required)
Get help with:
- strategic communications advice and planning for major initiatives
- guidance on institutional brand and identity including processes for creating marketing materials for academic programs, engagement events and other initiatives
- guidance on issues management or crisis communications
Get help with:
- Marketing materials (posters, brochures, banners etc.) for the SCPA season of performances and select other SCPA events and initiatives
- social media promotion of SCPA initiatives and news
- writing and editing publicity materials
- writing and editing stories and content for Utoday, Arts Engage, SCPA website
- media relations for the SCPA
- internal communications within the SCPA
- Art event promotions
- Art exhibition catalogues
- Art social media and internal communications
- Content for Arts Engage: Faculty of Arts digital newsletter
Get help with:
- pitching stories to journalists and external news media outlets
- writing press releases to promote faculty of arts research, engagement activities, student experience and other news
- training or coaching for your interview with members of the news media
- feedback or editing of opinion editorials written by faculty for the news media
- writing news stories for campus media including Utoday, Arts Engage, and the Faculty of Arts website
- coordinating media events
- guidance on media relations strategies
- Arts Cast: The Faculty of Arts podcast series
Get help with:
- Strategic guidance on department or unit websites
- Guidance on creating new properties, using digital technologies including audio and video, and content creation (writing for web)
- Strategic guidance on department or unit social media channels
- Guidance on creating or maintaining a new social media channel
- Training information for Drupal 8 (web content management), Marketo (digital newsletters and invitations) and LiveWhale (online event listings)